Smartphones are with us almost all the time. So, it’s no surprise that more and more people use them to do shopping. That includes also Homla customers who were eagerly making purchases on a mobile version of the store’s website.
Looking for perfect products, browsing the inspirations, or checking their points in a loyalty program wasn’t comfortable enough on small screens. The Homla team decided to change this.
The intuitive design of the Homla mobile app allows users to quickly search for products. It also makes it easier to place orders. Clear layout and well-thought information architecture enable them to comfortably browse the offer even on small smartphone screens.
Native iOS and Android apps also make it possible to send notifications. As a result, every person with the app can immediately find out about the promotions.
App development lifecycle
Workshop & kickoff
UX/UI design & usability tests
App development & QA tests
IOS APP DEVELOPMENT
ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT
INTEGRATION WITH HOMLA'S IT INFRASTRUCTURE
Homla has been offering home decor and furniture since 2015. It’s one of the fastest-growing chains with this type of products in the Polish market. It has over 60 stores in the biggest cities in Poland.
Since the beginning, its goal was to support customers in arranging interiors in which they can feel at ease. Homla helps them express their style by offering furniture and home decor for a good price.
The loyalty program plays an important role in this. Homla Smart Club allows users to collect points that allow them to cover even 50% of the value of a purchase. They also get rewards and birthday gifts.
The goal was to build an app that would:
- make browsing the offer and filtering the products easier
- increase the customer interest in promotions
- allow users to quickly get informed about the new products
- facilitate the shopping process on mobile devices
- encourage users to create accounts on Homla and collect points in its loyalty program
Our idea for an intuitive and functional app has been turned into reality by joint efforts. We have been ensured not only with technical support but also professional expertise and experience. During our cooperation, we created a beautiful app that offers a loyalty program and meets our users’ needs. Currently, we continue the cooperation, improve the existing functionalities, and create new ones.
Workshop & kickoff
First, our team has gathered information about the project. We defined what business goals Homla wants to achieve with this app.
We placed great emphasis on user research. In order to best implement the project, we had to find out what the target audience cares about and what problems they face. This allowed us to set priorities and understand how the app should respond to customers’ needs.
UX/UI design & usability tests
Based on the collected information and competitor analysis, we have prepared a UX/UI project for the new app. We made sure it works intuitively. Our designer also took care of consistency with the store’s website. We wanted the design to be both functional and pleasing to the eye.
After creating the interactive prototype, we tested it with a group of potential users. Thanks to such usability tests, we were able to get to know their perspective. We learned what elements they like best and which ones are problematic. As a result, we were able to refine the app’s design and increase our chances that the product will meet customer expectations.
App development - selected solutions
- Native technologies – their usage enables the app to work faster and gives access to a variety of functions. Among other things, they make it possible to check the location of the nearest pickup points and send notifications.
- Data synchronization between a web and mobile app – if a user starts shopping on a laptop or computer, they can finish it on a smartphone. All he or she has to do is log into the app. The shopping cart data will automatically synchronize.
- Various payment options – thanks to integration with several payment systems, users can finalize transactions at their convenience.
- Mobile app analytics – Google Analytics tool gives, among other things, the ability to see which sections in the app are most popular, how often people use particular features, and when they usually decide to make a purchase.
After the release of the first version of the app, the team focused on creating additional features. Our developers and testers also detect and fix bugs. A priority is to continuously improve the product and make adjustments, so the product could meet user needs even better.
Technologies and tools
Firebase for Google Analytics
Build your mCommerce app with us
Tell us about your idea for an app. We will recommend you the best product development plan and suggest what technologies should be used in the case of your store.
Why choose us?
Build your app with us
Just answer a few questions, so we could estimate your project
You’re not ready for the estimation yet?
If you want us to help you choose the best technologies or features – let us know.
Send us a message to [email protected] or take part in our Product Design workshop.