Finding a perfect jacket or a comfortable jumper shouldn’t take too much time or be a logistic challenge. You never know when it’s the best time to look for clothes or accessories – in the checkout line, at the bus stop, or maybe during a lunch break? Clients who buy at Answear.com want to do the shopping whenever they feel like it and the only thing close at hand is their smartphone.
The mobile app facilitates finding new clothes, shoes, and accessories. Short path to purchase, intuitive interface, large choice of filters, and lists of favorite products – with these elements shopping on Answear.com becomes convenient and encourages clients to go back to the app.
As part of this project, we developed native apps for iOS and Android platforms. Such choice of technologies allows the app to work fast and lets us implement many advanced solutions, for example PUSH notifications or GPS localization.
App development & tests
iOS app development
Android app development
INTEGRATION WITH CLIENT'S IT INFRASTRUCTURE
Answear.com is an online store with a large selection of clothing, shoes, and accessories from over 400 world-renowned brands, including premium, sports, denim, and outdoor. In 10 years, it gained recognition of thousands of clients, continually providing them with new inspirations.
Answear.com puts fast delivery and top-notch service first. For its regular customers, it offers a dedicated loyalty program – Answear Club. It enables shopping at even more attractive prices.
Currently, Answear.com is present in 10 markets in Central and Eastern Europe. Potentially, it can reach 134 mln residents.
We wanted to create a product that would:
- allow Answear.com to make direct contact with its clients and shorten the distance between a user and the brand
- facilitate browsing through the offer
- make shopping on mobile devices effortless
- update users on promos and new collections (due to such solutions as PUSH notifications and constant presence on a home screen)
When an e-commerce app has hundreds of thousands of users, even one malfunctioning button may cause a significant loss. But stable software and systematic tests can prevent this from happening.
That’s the reason why our developers had to select advanced solutions that limit the risk of bugs and errors.
At the same time, the app had to be fast and take up as little memory of the device as possible.
The challenge was also to adjust the app to multiple markets and language versions.
The success of an e-commerce app depends mostly on the route clients must take to make an order. Thus, the mohi.to agency, responsible for UX/UI project, was faced with a special task – to design a short and intuitive path to purchase. It allows users to reach their goals in just a few steps.
We joined forces to create a tailor-made app that suits every client’s needs: fast, intuitive, and reliable. From the beginning, we work on new functionalities, we also try to improve the existing ones. The cooperation is great – Holdapp can adjust to our propositions of changes, it supports us, has a great technology stack, and offers an individual approach to our industry.
Our team took part in a workshop organized by the mohi.to agency. We wanted to identify what needs users have, what are their motivations, and how can we solve their problems concerning ordering clothes online. As a result of this session, we agreed on a shared vision of this project. We also determined which elements of the app are the most important for users and the business.
Based on the developed materials, the UI design has been created.
The app development - selected solutions
- Native technologies – they guarantee the highest speed and stable performance, even when there are many advanced functionalities. We built the iOS app with Swift. The Android version was initially developed with Java, and then Kotlin.
- Launching the app on Huawei AppGallery – in response to the growing market demand, we added the app on the AppGallery platform, so clients who use Huawei Mobile Services could easily download it.
- Synced data from cart – it enables passing the information between the mobile and web app. Users can add items to cart in the smartphone app and then continue the shopping later on the desktop.
- Selection of the payment options – the checkout process, designed by the mohi.to agency, was divided into several steps, so users could go through it easily and complete the order with no difficulties. We also made sure they have several payment methods to choose from, such as cash on delivery and payment gateways from external providers (PayU, BLIK, Twisto).
- Localizing pickup points – option added in a subsequent stage of the app development; it required integration with Google Places API and Google Maps (Android), Apple Maps: MapKit and CoreLocation (iOS), Huawei services and Site Kit.
- Integration with loyalty club – it lets users check the number of points in Answear Club.
- Extensive search engine – users quickly find the products with search by image feature.
- Advanced analytics – to enable data collection, our team linked the app with Google Firebase and programmed the most important user flows in the app. It makes it possible to observe the buying process and plan changes that optimize the UX.
Along with the app development, we’ve been taking care of its testing. It allowed us to detect the bugs faster. This way, we could save time and budget to the project execution.
Currently, the app is in the continuous development stage. In the course of time, our client has opened its own backend department that closely cooperates with our programmers. Together we successively build new features and adjust the product to new markets. Some of the older functionalities are being extended and improved.
The model of collaboration has also been changed. Every day, we contact dedicated Product Owner – we plan the work and discuss the progress.
40% of clients started to use the Answear mobile app only 3 months after its release.
The average cart value is 11% higher in the mobile app compared with the web one.
The level of returns made in the mobile app has by 8% lower value than in the web app.
The average number of products in orders made in the mobile app is 7% higher compared with the web app.
MOBILE TRENDS AWARDS 2017: NOMINATION IN M-COMMERCE CATEGORY
Technologies and tools
and stability control
Why choose us?
Build your app with us
Just answer a few questions, so we could estimate your project
You’re not ready for the estimation yet?
If you want us to help you choose the best technologies or features – let us know.
Send us a message to [email protected] or take part in our Product Design workshop.